We are planning to backpack through Eastern Europe for a month on an Interrail pass and I am trying to put together a budget estimate. Our travel path is not planned yet, but will be something like Greece->Macedonia->Serbia->Hungary->Slovakia->Czech Republic->Poland. I understand that prices will probably vary between these countries.
- What is the average price for staying in a hostel mixed dorm (5-10 persons)?
- How widespread is CouchSurfing, can we expect to be hosted for most of the trip?
(We have previous CouchSurfing experiences.)
- What budget should I estimate for food daily when cooking ourselves and buying at super markets?
In most of Western Europe seat reservation on fast trains is compulsory, and can become quite expensive when interrailing.
Is this also so in Eastern Europe, and if so what is the price generally for reservations?
Are there some trains that we should prefer to avoid compulsory seat reservations?
- What is the average price of a double bed in a private room (at a hostel)?
- Is there anything else budgetwise I should take into account?
- In your experience what total budget should be set aside for such a trip, when backpacking and travelling cheaply?