I know there have been many questions asked about rejected visas. However, every single case is a bit different, and I now need your help to sort something out with the visa.
I'm a Swiss citizen. My fiancé is Egyptian. He wanted to come here in August for a visit for the first time, however he got his Visitor Visa refused. We are now considering doing an appeal, however we're in a very bad position, because my fiancé's final goal would be immigrating to Switzerland in the future. But not this time. This time it was really only about visiting and seeing the country. A few facts:
the reasons the visa was refused were:
The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
Your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of visa could not be ascertained.
the purpose of the travel was stated on the invitation letter that my mother signed, and were: visiting my family and visiting Switzerland
on the invitation letter we also stated the following:
- Details of my mom and of my fiancé
- Period of the trip: from the end of July to the end of August 2015
- relationship: family friend since 4 years (we left out the fact that he's my fiancé thinking that it would lead to a direct refusal)
- guarantee of his return: a short paragraph stating that after the visit he would return to Egypt
- costs of the trip: we stated that we would offer accommodation in our house and food during the stay, saying that my mom is self funded and has enough money for that (we also brought the bank statement, but it wasn't taken at the time of delivery)
- Passport copy attached
my fiancé delivered all the papers requested (application form, passport, certificate from Mogamma, identity photo, invitation letter, employment certificate, confirmation of leave approval, bank statement, insurance, round trip flight ticket)
After delivering all the papers, we don't really understand what went wrong.
Anyhow, what happened, happened, and now we want to make an appeal. We read some info online, and found that basically what we need is to show that he has strong ties to his country. Which he doesn't. He has a job, yeah, but he's looking for a new one (in Egypt or in Europe), as the contract is ending. He's not responsible for anyone (such as children) in Egypt. He would like to immigrate in the near future.
So at this point, other than the letter from my mom saying that we guarantee that he would return to the country, we really don't have much.
What could we deliver with the appeal to make them understand that it's really just a visit? Because it is, we're not planning to break the rules and make him stay with an expired visa. We just want him to come, spend some quality time with us in this beautiful country, and then let him go back to Egypt till the next time.