I have just graduated and my Student Pass is expiring soon, next month, but I have not guaranteed a job.

Can I stay in Singapore when my Student Pass expires?

Any suggestion on this situation?

  • 2
    What's your citizenship?
    – CMaster
    Jul 10, 2015 at 9:04

1 Answer 1


You are required to surrender your Student Pass when/before it expires. If you do so in-country at the ICA, you will automatically receive a short-term visit pass (= essentially tourist visa) that lets you stay on in Singapore for a while (days or weeks, depends on your nationality).

If you want to stay for a longer period (up to a year), you can try your luck applying for a Long-Term Visit Pass. Being a bona fide graduate of a Singaporean university and looking for work is one of the possible criteria for getting one.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .