This question already has an answer here:

I want to travel to USA from India through Heathrow (UK) airport. When I travelled to USA from India on H4 visa. After that I got H1 approval and my change of status changed to H1. Then I returned back to India and now my H1 has expired. If I want to travel to USA through Heathrow, is it possible or will I have any problems regarding change of status or not?

marked as duplicate by Gagravarr, JoErNanO, Willeke, CGCampbell, choster Jun 27 '15 at 23:13

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


If you have a valid US visa, you are exempt from UK transit visa requirements. You will need a valid, unexpired US H-1 visa to enter the US in H-1 status; approved I-539 and/or I-129 is not sufficient.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.