I am an Indian citizen living in Ukraine. I will be traveling to India but I need to wait in Almaty airport 26 hours for my next flight to India. I will not be leaving Almaty airport. My flight is Air Astana. So in this case do I need a transit visa ?
Yes, official airline information from TIMATIC says that you need a visa.
Information as of 27JUN15 / 1842 UTC
National India (IN) /Residence Ukraine (UA)
Embarkation Ukraine (UA) /Transit Kazakhstan (KZ)
Destination India (IN)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets for a max.
time of 24 hours.
- Holders of a transit visa must also hold documents required
for their next destination.
- Holders of a transit visa are required to also hold onward
Vaccination against yellow fever required if arriving within 6
days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow
Exempt from Yellow Fever vaccination:
- Children under 9 months of age.
- Passengers transiting Kazakhstan provided not leaving the
- Passengers transiting countries with risk of yellow fever
transmission provided not leaving the transit areas.