On our trip to China, we received this thing next to the pen in the figure as a gift both in Hangzhou and Beijing. The pen serves only for comparison of size.

It is made of metal and not flexible. Written on the back of the pendant is the name of the hotel in Chinese characters.

Can someone tell me what it is and what it is used for? I forgot to ask in the hotel.

What is this thing?

Something written on the back

closed as off-topic by Gayot Fow, Willeke, Maître Peseur, CGCampbell, Karlson Jun 28 '15 at 2:24

  • This question does not appear to be about traveling within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • If almost sharp, a letter opener, if not sharp I would say a book mark. – Willeke Jun 27 '15 at 14:06
  • It's not sharp, at least not sharp enough to cut anything. Though it seems to be too thick for a book mark. Stirring would certainly be possible. The bend metal would allow to put it into a glass or something. Are Chinese into cocktails? – guest123 Jun 27 '15 at 15:13
  • 4
    I googled Metal Bookmark, and selected Images and found several much like this. I am not going to put it in an answer as this is not a travel question and should/might get closed or deleted. – Willeke Jun 27 '15 at 16:40
  • 6
    I'm (regrettably) voting to close this question as off-topic because sometimes wonderful questions about Chinese bookmarks are not travel questions. – Gayot Fow Jun 27 '15 at 16:55
  • 1
    Willeke is correct - this is a traditional Chinese bookmark. – PassKit Jun 28 '15 at 2:21