I have a B1/B2 visa and was wondering

Q1) if I can use that to attend a bootcamp training in USA. 

The training is for 3 months and am also planning to tour around for 2 to 3 weeks.

The answer in this post quotes this:


Participating in a training program that is not designed primarily to provide employment. Will receive no payment or income from a U.S. based company/entity, other than an expense allowance or expense reimbursement related to traveler’s stay.

Q2. How do I explain to the officer at port of entry that this 
    training doesn't give me employment? 

Also, I have higher priorities back at home - more specifically my old age parents, so I can't afford to spend long time away from my home.

Moreover I am paying for this training and also for food & living expenses. I am not getting any stipend or any sort of payment. I am taking this training on my own interest and am not employed anywhere.

closed as unclear what you're asking by JonathanReez, JoErNanO, Karlson, Kate Gregory, iHaveacomputer Sep 1 '15 at 0:12

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    Can you be more specific about what the "bootcamp" is about? It shouldn't be a problem - get some documentation to show it's some thing you pay to attend, not training to (potentially) work for that company in the future. – nkjt Jun 23 '15 at 11:09
  • also I think that "study" can be an issue if it's, for example, credit towards a formal qualification. – nkjt Jun 23 '15 at 11:12
  • You have to specify which "bootcamp" this would be – Karlson Aug 31 '15 at 14:20