I have overstayed my Canadian student visa. I have a valid Indian passport and a valid American visa too. I have booked my flight to voluntarily leave the country and I shall be informing the immigration officers on departure.

I have not received any deportation or departure orders. I realized I was in a soup and decided to leave before it was too late.

My question is, if I declare my departure, will I have trouble at the US airports while transiting?

Any help would be appreciated.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo, Willeke, Ankur Banerjee Sep 27 '15 at 18:21

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    It's difficult to say but I would imagine the US Immigration will not be interested in your Canadian credentials if you have a valid US visa. Moreover, the fact you overstayed in Canada is not directly a concern to them, although I suppose it establishes evidence that you might overstay in the US. Can anyone else comment on this? – Calchas Jun 13 '15 at 19:34
  • It's quite possible that the US won't even know. As always, you shouldn't mention it unless specifically asked. – Michael Hampton Jun 13 '15 at 20:37
  • 3
    "and I shall be informing the immigration officers on departure. " Canada does not have "immigration officers on departure". – user102008 Jun 13 '15 at 20:59
  • Are you transiting in the US or travelling there ? Also, depending on where you are, you might pass US customs at the airport in Canada – blackbird Jun 13 '15 at 21:47