My parents have a multiple entry US visa. They want to visit relatives in Canada. Do they need to obtain a Canadian visa? They are Indian citizens/passport holders.

2 Answers 2


Yes. American permanent residents ("green card holders") are exempt from the visa requirement in Canada, but a US visa does not have the same effect.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1020&t=16


Yes, Except for visitors who may enter Canada with proof of citizenship, an eTA or a temporary resident visa depending on their nationality, all other temporary residents must hold valid permits while in Canada, which must be applied before arrival, on arrival or after arrival.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .