I have a valid two year Established Visa,and I would like to exit the U.S for a month, and then return after one month, but i was told i needed three months between exit and re entry. Can someone clarify? I am from Australia.

marked as duplicate by phoog usa Oct 24 '18 at 6:20

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Not worth a full answer, but if this were true I'd have been screwed, since I needed the esta when I just passed through the US to get to Colombia, and flew back the same way a month later. But can't be sure my situation is exactly the same of course. – Sebastiaan van den Broek Jun 12 '15 at 8:14
  • 2
    No such thing as an ESTA Visa. ESTA is documentation you need for the visa waiver. However if you have a 2 year visa, shouldn't you be entering/leaving on that and not the VWP which only allows you to remain for 90 days? – CMaster Jun 12 '15 at 8:53