This question already has an answer here:

I am an Iranian citizen travelling from Canada to Iran. I'm holding a Canadian work permit.

Do I need a transit visa if my flight goes through the US?

marked as duplicate by Andrew Ferrier, Michael Hampton, Mark Mayo, Dirty-flow, VMAtm Jun 11 '15 at 8:42

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Yes, and it costs the same as a tourist visa and requires approximately all the same paperwork. You can get one, but it will be much less hassle to change your flight to avoid the US. – Michael Hampton Jun 11 '15 at 5:19

Yes. The US does not have airside transit, you will need a C-1 transit visa or B-2 visitor visa.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.