I am an Indian holding US green card and want to stay in Japan for 3-4 days on my way to India from the USA. What are the requirements?


1 Answer 1


You want to apply for a Tourist/short term visa from the Japanese embassy.

The requirements would be based on your country of citizenship/passport, i.e. India. As such, this is a summary of what is required for you to apply (The following information is assuming you are applying from the US) -

Required Documents

  • Applicant's valid passport
  • One recent photograph (2" x 2")
  • Proof of sufficient funds to defray all the expenses while in Japan
  • Flight itinerary issued by travel agency or airline company.
  • Documents indicating the purpose of your visit
    • If you are visiting relatives/friends, an invitation letter from a relative/friend
    • If you are traveling for business, a letter from the inviting company in Japan and a letter from your company
    • If you are participating in a conference, printed material on the conference
    • If you are sightseeing, information regarding places you plan to visit, confirmation of hotel reservation, etc.
  • Immigration documents showing your legal status and permitting reentry into the U.S., such as permanent residency (green) card or I-94 and valid U.S. visa.
    • If you do not intend to return to the U.S., visa to next the destination (if required) must be affixed to your passport before you apply for Japanese visa.

Source: http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/english/html/travel_and_visa/visa/short-term-visit-tourist.html

If you are applying from India, refer to http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/short_term%20visas.html


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .