I mean really, it's only eight miles. Here's our plan:
- Take a ferry from our hotel in SF to Sausalito on Friday, June 12. It can be any time on Friday, I don't really care.
- Get from Sausalito to Muir Woods. This is the problem.
- Go back.
Our problem is that the shuttle (66F) that normally serves this starts June 22. This will not work.
We could take normal public transportation, but Google says that's a 1 h 42 min bus ride, with a terrible looking route:
- We're both in good shape, and can walk several miles if need be.
- We're not dead set on going to the actual visitors' center - is there a closer spot that still has trees and paths and such?
- I really don't like walking in places of questionable safety. But I'll do it if I have to.
So how can I get from Sausalito to Muir Woods on Fri June 12?