Can I drive across the Canadian border for a day, or do I need another form of permit?

I obviously have and would take my UK passport.

closed as unclear what you're asking by JoErNanO, Gagravarr, Karlson, DJClayworth, Dirty-flow Jun 6 '15 at 8:54

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 6
    What do you mean by “with work"? On a business visit? Working for a US employer? – Relaxed Jun 5 '15 at 19:49

It's very unclear from your question what you are doing, but let me lay out the salient points. Assuming you are in the US legitimately:

  • As a UK citizen you are permitted to enter Canada without a visa for short visits. If you show up at the border you should be let in.
  • Likewise the US will permit you to return after your trip to Canada without any other kind of permit.
  • However, if you are nearing the end of your permitted period of time in the US, a day trip to Canada will NOT reset the clock. Your permitted length of stay will be as if you had not left the US.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.