I am a Turkish citizen. I have a 45-day Greek Schengen tourist visa. Can I extend my visa for 5 days in Spain?


1 Answer 1


It's usually impossible to extend a Schengen visa for tourism. There are a couple of exceptions/alternatives:

  • You can request an extension of your Schengen visa if you have a very serious reason (e.g. illness or family emergency) but not merely for convenience or because you changed your plans.
  • You might be able to apply for an entirely different visa (a national visa, not a Schengen visa, e.g. a spouse visa if you are married to a Spanish citizen) but I don't know precisely what's available in Spain and that's most likely not applicable to your situation.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .