If I obtain a visa to present my work at a language conference in Poland, will I be allowed to travel to other member states as well?

  • As long as you are still really going to Poland at some point and you have got a visa with sufficient flexibility (no unusual restriction to a single country, sufficient length of stay and period of validity), it should be possible. See travel.stackexchange.com/questions/13362/… for all the details. – Relaxed Jun 1 '15 at 17:55

Yes -- once you have a visa, you're allowed to combine the conference trip with other business or incidental tourism in the Schengen area -- as long as you conform with with the length-of-stay and valid-until restrictions on the visa and you're still actually going to the conference as part of the trip.

In particular, you can travel through other Schengen states on your way to and from Poland.

(This holds for both single-entry and multiple-entry visas, except with a single-entry visa you must be careful not to follow an itinerary that will take you temporarily out of the Schengen area during the trip).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.