I overstayed my visa permit in 2012 and upon leaving the Republic of South Africa, I was not issued or given the form with which to pay the necessary administrative fine. How do I pay this fine, where do I pay the fine and how much would I have to pay? Please advise.

  • 1
    Have you tried asking the South African consulate in the country where you live?
    – phoog
    May 26 '15 at 20:30

They may not have levied a fine. To find out, you can try several alternatives...

  1. Apply for a visa
  2. Make a personal data access to the South African government
  3. Instruct a South African solicitor to check it for you

All of these will work given enough time. If you are sure a fine was levied, then you can ask for them to send you the payment details. You can make that request through the consulate at the cognizant South African embassy.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.