I want an insurance that covers my belongings only. I already have a international travel health insurance, hence I do not need some link or recommendation to do-it-all packages (i.e. insurance for health + rescue + belongings).

Note: my credit card does NOT cover my belongings, nor does any of the insurances I already have.

Ideally, I'd like to find an insurance that can insure my belongings regardless of my nationality & residence.

Links to information of quality is welcome.

  • 4
    Coverage for personal possessions while traveling usually is only available as part of a travel insurance package. I have never seen it sold as a stand alone product. Some homeowners / renters insurance policies may cover your possessions outside the domicile. And most every insurance company will take your nationality and residence into consideration when quoting a price.
    – user13044
    May 21, 2015 at 14:18
  • @Tom usually yes, but I did find several insurances providing coverage for belongings/luggages only.
    – Adriano
    May 21, 2015 at 23:27
  • Unless you drag about very expensive items for a backpacker, I would not worry. Have in insurance on your laptop/tablet/phone and do without for the rest. The most important part of any travel insurance, in my view, is the repatriating part, which will not come with a luggage insurance.
    – Willeke
    Jan 4, 2016 at 13:56
  • Two reasons I'd querey the logic/validity of doing this: The first is - even if these packages exist, are the actually any cheaper? If so, great, if not, then why not be overinsured rather than pay the same for a less comprehensive product. The second is that travel insurance covers a lot more than just medical and property - typically you also get liability and cancellation cover, as well as repatriation, all of which can be pretty valuable, even if you don't need the medical.
    – CMaster
    Jan 4, 2016 at 14:08
  • @CMaster agreed, getting a package that does cover this as well as health, cancellations and so on would be more ideal. However, there are special cases where one already have these things covered and only need the luggage insurance.
    – Adriano
    Jan 5, 2016 at 4:55

2 Answers 2


Travelex is an insurance company who insure your laggauges too. Travelex y offer protection from trip cancellations and medical emergencies, but also looking after your personal belongings.The trip insurance offers reimbursement for lost, damaged or stolen luggage and belongings. They also provide you with assistance in replacing lost prescriptions, passports or important documentation you need while away. Thgis link might be helpful: http://www.travelexinsurance.com/


After some research, here are a few I came across.

For people residing in United Kingdom

uk.protectyourbubble.com - UK residents only. up to 180 days.

photoguard.co.uk - UK residents only?

For people residing in the USA

http://clements.com/property/default.asp - does NOT seem as clear as it says This plan covers my camera gear, computer, and other items in my pack from theft or damage anywhere in the world. It’s cheap & covers a lot. I provide receipts for scheduled gear up front (computer, cameras, lenses), and a general amount for unscheduled gear. Cost: Plan 1 (1 year policy) = $19/month for $7500 worth of gear.

For people residing in Switzerland

allianz-assistance.ch/content/50/en/baggage-insurance - 2000 CHF insured 92 days for 55 CHF

erv.ch/fr-CH/clients-prives/assurance-voyages/bagages - 2000 CHF insured 1 year for 200 CHF



You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .