Few days back I did a Europe tour from India. As stated by many (I haven't confirmed official documents), I can apply for a visa from the country which is either my first port of entry in this case Paris or the longest stay which in this case was Italy.
Now following is what happened with me.
- My flight was New Delhi to Paris via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines
- I Traveled from New Delhi to Istanbul (no problem here).
- When I was boarding to flight Istanbul to Paris, zhe airlines officials (the ones who checks the boarding pass before boarding the flight) told me that I could not board the flight because my visa was issued by Italy and I need to go to Italy First. They were denying the longest stay option of the visa.
- Moreover NONE of the staff of Istanbul airport were able to understand English so I had to go to a lot of problems before I managed to get tickets to Venice.
- I somehow managed to fly to Venice from Istanbul after almost 24 hours of struggle at Istanbul airport (without food and water).
So, my question is do the airlines staff have a right to deny flight boarding in this case?