I am trying to identify a Russian location I stayed at many years ago.
- I don't speak or read Russian
- The place name was phonetically "Sher-na-ga-LOFF-ga" (or very close)
- The community consisted of a series of medium-high-rise tower blocks
- There was some kind of scientific research institute there that employed many of the residents. I believe I remember mention that the community was purpose built around this institution
- The community was essentially a big clearing in the middle of a massive forest, with the aforementioned towerblocks and institution and as I recall just a single shop.
- It was very approximately 50 miles out of Moscow, and I believe (vague!) it was south of Moscow.