I am traveling to Paris staying there for 5 days then flying to Spain and staying there for 10 days.

My understanding is that since Spain is where I am spending most of the time then I should apply for the visa in the spanish embassy.

But how about these fields in my case, How should I fill them? "Member states of destination" & "Member state of first entry"... Should they be "Spain" and "France" respectively?

  • I believe this one covers some of your questions... travel.stackexchange.com/questions/13362/…
    – Nemirni
    May 18, 2015 at 21:31
  • Thanks. I saw this post before but it doesnt mention these fields in the visa application in specific.
    – SFbay007
    May 18, 2015 at 22:03
  • Yes you are correct.
    – Calchas
    May 18, 2015 at 22:34
  • Seriously?!! no one filled a VISA application before?!!
    – SFbay007
    May 19, 2015 at 22:16
  • 1
    One is plural and the other one is singular: you can only enter one state but you can visit more that one. So I imagine entry would be Spain, and member States would be Spain and France in your case.
    – JoErNanO
    May 21, 2015 at 6:58

1 Answer 1


Member states of destination

is plural and

member state of first entry

is singular for a simple reason: you can only enter Schengen from one state but you can visit more that one member state whilst in the Area. So I imagine that in your case first entry would be France, and member destination states would be France and Spain.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .