I am traveling to Paris staying there for 5 days then flying to Spain and staying there for 10 days.

My understanding is that since Spain is where I am spending most of the time then I should apply for the visa in the spanish embassy.

But how about these fields in my case, How should I fill them? "Member states of destination" & "Member state of first entry"... Should they be "Spain" and "France" respectively?

  • I believe this one covers some of your questions... travel.stackexchange.com/questions/13362/… – Nemirni May 18 '15 at 21:31
  • Thanks. I saw this post before but it doesnt mention these fields in the visa application in specific. – SFbay007 May 18 '15 at 22:03
  • Yes you are correct. – Calchas May 18 '15 at 22:34
  • Seriously?!! no one filled a VISA application before?!! – SFbay007 May 19 '15 at 22:16
  • 1
    One is plural and the other one is singular: you can only enter one state but you can visit more that one. So I imagine entry would be Spain, and member States would be Spain and France in your case. – JoErNanO May 21 '15 at 6:58

Member states of destination

is plural and

member state of first entry

is singular for a simple reason: you can only enter Schengen from one state but you can visit more that one member state whilst in the Area. So I imagine that in your case first entry would be France, and member destination states would be France and Spain.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.