Last month my Singapore tourist visa expired, so I returned to India.

After 1 month I am planning to apply for a new Singapore visa. Is it possible to be granted a new visa that quickly? How long am I supposed to wait to re-apply for one?

  • 1
    To clarify: are you trying to extend an existing visa? Or to make a fresh application? – Gayot Fow May 11 '15 at 6:35

To the best of my knowledge (I lived in Singapore for ~8 years and moderated an expat forum there), Singapore does not publish any official guidelines for repeat visits. However, it's a very small country with limited opportunities for tourism. If you spent the entire length of your previous social visit pass (three months?) in Singapore and want to return as a tourist for another long period of time, Immigration's bells start ringing. But if you spent only a few days in the country and are returning for another few days, that will most likely be perfectly fine.

You did not say why you want to return to Singapore, but if your interest is more than just tourism, the solution is simple at least in theory: get an actual visa. Work visa if you're working, long-term visit pass if you're visiting friends or family, etc.

  • Already i am stay in India 30 days above. Now possible to re-apply the Singapore visa. – raja May 12 '15 at 5:11
  • How long did you spend in Singapore? And how long do you want to stay next time? – lambshaanxy May 12 '15 at 5:41
  • already stay in 2 month, now also want 2 month social visit pass. – raja May 12 '15 at 6:15
  • 2
    Like jpatokal has said, the rules don't stipulate how long you must wait between visits/visa applications. However, we are warning you that you may have troubles getting the tourism visa and/or entering Singapore itself, due to the total length of your original stay and your requested new stay. – CGCampbell May 12 '15 at 13:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.