My suitcases are very small (smaller than the maximum dimensions allowed for carry-on items), so I can't put my skillet inside and check the suitcase. I wonder if it is possible to take the skillet with me as a carry-on item. The skillet has a box.
Oh also, this is for an international flight to the US.
EDIT: Based on the list of forbidden items, it doesn't seem skillets are forbidden...
- Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal).
- Knives with blades more than 6cm. Lighter top-up fuel (passengers are allowed to carry one disposable lighter in a clear re-sealable plastic bag).
- Razor blades.
- Scissors - specifically, blades measuring greater than 6cm in length.
- Hypodermic syringes (unless supported by medical evidence).
- Builder's tools.
- Hammers, nails or screw-drivers.
- Sporting bats.
- Billiard, snooker or pool cues.
- Catapults and sling-shots.
- Umbrellas - unless foldable.
- Gas cartridges, or gas cartridge re-fills.
- Lighter fuel.
- Restraining Items - such as, handcuffs, fishing line or restraining tape.