Next summer I will be in Stockholm for 6 days , during one of these days I want to enjoy some city which is no more than 2-3 hours by train from Stockholm. Nice cities to visit? and what to see? I had thought Uppsala, Falun or ?
I think that this question will be closed as primary-opinion based, but still want to add that the best way to investigate a country is avoiding the trourist traps and select not first option you can find.
I suggest you the Eskilstuna city, there are a lot of museums there, zoo and park recreation zone you can walk in, and it is situated not very far from Stockholm: SJ (the largest train operator in Sweden) site is giving travel time near the one hour from Stockholm.
Some inspirational photos here:
Yes - Eskilstuna is a nice option. The obvious ones near Stockholm (that some may consider tourist traps) are:
- Vaxholm (reachable by bus or boat)
- Mariefred (with the interesting Gripsholms Castle)
- Sigtuna (old city with several medieval church ruins)
Other options are:
- Uppsala (with a cathedral and old royal burial grounds)
- Strängnäs (nice old small city centre next to Mälaren with old church)
- Norrköping (if you like old industrial areas this is a must)
- Trosa (small coastal - not reachable by train though)
- Arboga (small and cozy by a canal)