Next summer I will be in Stockholm for 6 days , during one of these days I want to enjoy some city which is no more than 2-3 hours by train from Stockholm. Nice cities to visit? and what to see? I had thought Uppsala, Falun or ?
closed as primarily opinion-based by VMAtm, pnuts, Mark Mayo♦, Gayot Fow, Karlson Apr 29 '15 at 16:28
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
I think that this question will be closed as primary-opinion based, but still want to add that the best way to investigate a country is avoiding the trourist traps and select not first option you can find.
I suggest you the Eskilstuna city, there are a lot of museums there, zoo and park recreation zone you can walk in, and it is situated not very far from Stockholm: SJ (the largest train operator in Sweden) site is giving travel time near the one hour from Stockholm.
Some inspirational photos here:
Yes - Eskilstuna is a nice option. The obvious ones near Stockholm (that some may consider tourist traps) are:
- Vaxholm (reachable by bus or boat)
- Mariefred (with the interesting Gripsholms Castle)
- Sigtuna (old city with several medieval church ruins)
Other options are:
- Uppsala (with a cathedral and old royal burial grounds)
- Strängnäs (nice old small city centre next to Mälaren with old church)
- Norrköping (if you like old industrial areas this is a must)
- Trosa (small coastal - not reachable by train though)
- Arboga (small and cozy by a canal)