This question already has an answer here:

Should I mention in my application form that I am entering a different country first and later I will be staying longer in the country which Schengen visa will be issued to me?

Please help me before I submit my application forms.

marked as duplicate by DJClayworth, Mark Mayo, Karlson, Gayot Fow, Nean Der Thal Apr 23 '15 at 17:33

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Yes, you should indicate where you will first enter the Schengen area on the form, e.g. under “border of first entry or transit route” (that's field 32 on some forms) or “Member state of first entry” (field 23 on the last version of the harmonized form described in the Visa Code).

This need not be the country from which you are applying for a visa, which, as you already know, should be your main destination (but not necessarily the first one) and would be entered in field 21 or 22 (“Member State(s) of destination”/“Main destination”).

No matter what's on the form itself, you can also submit an itinerary in which you can explain your plan and list all the countries you intend to visit.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.