I am an exchange student in the UK for January- May 2015. I have a Pakistani passport. My visa here ends July 1. I want to do an Europe tour, or at least go to one or two countries, after my exams end in May but there's a strict restriction- If you are applying from the UK, your UK residence permit must be valid for three months after your trip ends.

I understand the logic behind this- so people don't seek asylum there. But, what if I am only here for a short time? Can I show my return ticket back home to Qatar (where I live)? I have to go back and complete my studies anyways. This is tricky because only a very small number of people can apply for a Schengen visa from the UK and only during an exact time, eh?

  • The idea is that only long-term UK residents who can/will come back to the UK at the end of their Schengen trip can apply there. It's not a very small number of people but indeed does not include many students/temporary workers who might want to add a Schengen trip at the end of their UK stay and are not allowed to do so.
    – Relaxed
    Apr 19 '15 at 16:51

Unfortunately, you can't do this. There're always clear instructions that your visa should be valid for 3 months & this, you've already mentioned. So, my recommendation is, go back to Qatar & apply Schengen visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.