I am a U.S citizen and have an expired Israeli student visa which I used to study in Israel for two years. I now plan to go back for another year of study. Will I be able to enter the country on my expired student visa?


No. The visa is valid for a fixed period of time, which I'm sure you realise as you use the term 'expired'.

It usually has a date on the visa, and if that date is in the past, you can not use it in the present or future.

You'll need to get a new student visa, or you will be turned away when you try to board your flight.

  • 2
    More likely, he'll be allowed on the flight, as Israel doesn't require advance tourist visas from Western or most other developed countries. But a tourist visa is what he will get on arrival. It is (or at least used to be) possible to get a student visa once inside Israel but it is much easier to get it before leaving. Going to school on the tourist visa, even if the school doesn't check, will be a problem because the visa will run out. Apr 15 '15 at 23:29
  • 1
    @AndrewLazarus fair point. I guess what I'm saying is - the student visa itself is invalid, but there are other ways in (like tourist on arrival visa)
    – Mark Mayo
    Apr 16 '15 at 1:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.