I'm currently in Vancouver and I want to go for a hike. The obvious choice would be Grouse Mountain but unfortunately the Grouse Grind will be closed until May.
So I'm looking for an alternative for a hike that fulfils the following conditions:
- The whole activity (going there + hike + going back) should not take more than a day
- It should be easily reachable by public transport from downtown Vancouver
- It should be feasible to do it on a weekend in April
- The hike should not have a higher technical level than T3
- I would prefer if the hike would lead to a summit or another interesting landmark (nice lake, a cave, etc.)
- I would prefer if the hike offers some nice views