If I am taking a cruise starting from Rome and covering only Schengen countries. Is single entry Schengen visa adequate for the trip

  • What passport do you have? – Mark Mayo Apr 8 '15 at 11:12
  • @MarkMayo The nationality could at most question its premises (namely that a visa is required at all) but cannot possibly change the answer to the question. – Relaxed Apr 8 '15 at 11:46
  • @Relaxed I don't know enough about schengen, if I see a visa/passport question without a citizenship, I just tend to ask in case it helps :) – Mark Mayo Apr 8 '15 at 11:50
  • What does the cruise line itself say you need? – CGCampbell Apr 8 '15 at 13:20

As long as you stay within the Schengen area, you only need a single entry visa.



  1. http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
  2. Single vs. Multiple entry Schengen visa, for Spain and France?
| improve this answer | |
  • 3
    This statement needs a little clarification. On your cruise you'll be traveling with a vessel. If the vessel route includes calls at non-Schengen ports, all its movements are treated as international. All passengers will undergo passport control at all Schengen ports. Thus, a multiple-entry visa will be needed. This applies to all passengers, even those who only do the 'intra-Schengen' part of the voyage. For example, if you're taking a vessel whose full route includes a stop in Turkey, you will be passport-controlled in all ports even if you only travel from Spain to Italy. – ach Apr 8 '15 at 13:22
  • Your point is valid @AndreyChernyakhovskiy. But the question is pertaining to only the Schengen countries that the cruise is covering. So based on that I gave the answer above. – VikramV Apr 8 '15 at 14:52

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.