I am going to travel to UK, I have a Greek blue paper that is my residence, I am a student in Greece. I am South American Citizen with a valid visa for UK.

If I travel to UK would I be able to reenter Greece again with my blue paper, or would have problems with Airlines letting me go? My Schengen visa has expired.

  • 2
    Getting out to anywhere other than your home country will be a problem. They don't like it because it gives illegals the opportunity to move elsewhere and elude the authorities. Can you not get a new Schengen? – Gayot Fow Mar 29 '15 at 13:30
  • What do you mean by ‘blue paper‘? Does it have a name? What's your exact status? – Relaxed Mar 29 '15 at 14:34
  • @Relaxed, temporary immigration document. Should NOT be confused with the BLUE CARD programme run by BUNAC. – Gayot Fow Mar 29 '15 at 17:27

If you only hold a valid bebaiosi, you can only leave Greece to travel and return to your home country. If you travel elsewhere, you may be denied entry on return to Greece. You should wait until you receive your residence permit (Άδεια Παραμονής) before traveling to other countries.

| improve this answer | |
  • Are you Sure? Because in IATA website they said that It woulkd be fine. My worry is when I take the aircraft from London to Athens, they may not allow me to enter as I have just my bebaiosi. So confused people said it ok other people its not. Actually Immigration I ask and said its fine as well... But uou have a lot of sense... – Simon Mar 31 '15 at 15:55

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.