I have a friend in England ready to welcome me for a short holiday. Where or which office should he approach with his invitation for my visa application?

  • The question is not clear to me. Are you trying to visit a friend who's a resident in UK and you want to know which visa to apply for? – gmauch Mar 12 '15 at 15:51
  • @pnuts that's not a comment, that should be the answer. – chx Mar 12 '15 at 18:23
  • @pnuts, that's fine what you wrote. – Gayot Fow Mar 12 '15 at 22:15
  • 1
    i don't ask for which kind of visa i need, i mean my friend can make for my the visa process in UK or any documentation plus the invitation letter from UK. – mmm osman Mar 13 '15 at 0:59

None. Your friend doesn't apply for a visa for you, you do. This letter will be one piece of documentation you need, you will also need to prove ties to your country and so forth. For example, this is the site to check for if you are in India, this is Saudi Arabia and so on.

In general, in almost all cases it is you who apply for the visa. There are a few work visas where the employer applies but both for visits and immigration, the fundamental rule is the visitor/immigrant files with the optional help from some entities in the target country.

| improve this answer | |
  • OK i need to know much must be in my account when i apply for visiting visa (bank statements for the last six months) iam in Egypt. – mmm osman Mar 16 '15 at 0:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.