I am already working in UK, my daughter (2 years) is in India and she just got a dependent visa last week. I was supposed to go to India for 2 week to pick her up later this month BUT now there is a possibility that my brother who is in India and may be travelling to US on B2(visit visa) later this month. he does not have any UK visa. So I was wondering on the following points…
- If he can take US ticket via London (layover flight), can I meet him on Heathrow?
- Does he needs to have a transit visa?
- If yes, then where and how long does it take to apply for one?
- If not, can he bring my daughter outside, so i can take her from arrival point at Heathrow?
- My daughter needs to go through Immigration control and my brother needs to also take her luggage and bring her to arrival point so i can take her from there. does he also needs to go through immigration control, even through he will not come outside the airport at any point.
On Gov.uk it says that if you have a confirmed flight to your destination within 24 hours and do not go though immigration control then you do not need to have a visa, in my situation he needs to take my daughter to immigration control and to pick her luggage.
Could any one please suggest, what are my options?