I am going to Canada on a working holiday visa (IEC).

I am flying from Ireland to Vancouver and then to Edmonton.

I must present my documents to immigration officers at the Port of Entry in order to get a work permit issued.

Which airport should this be processed at, Vancouver (where I have a short stopover) or Edmonton (my destination)?


You will pass through Canadian Immigration in Vancouver, where they will process your application for a work permit. Your flight from Vancouver to Edmonton will be a domestic flight with no formalities in Edmonton.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Thank you, it went exactly as you said. Note for fellow travellers: queueing at Immigration desk took 2 hours, I was very lucky to make my connecting flight. – Liam Mar 23 '15 at 12:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.