On my last trip I was in Laos for six or seven weeks around September/October 2013 and extended my visa three times but can't remember the strange system of charges for the service.
I am sure there were three prices, depending on the situation, but can't remember exactly.
- $1 USD per day if extending before your visa runs out ... I think ...
- $2 USD per day if ??? I forget ???
- $10 USD per day overstayed if you missed your exit date ... I think ...
Or maybe it was more like:
- $1 USD per day if extending at the immigration office before your visa runs out
- $5 USD per day overstayed if paying at the immigration office
- $10 USD per day overstayed when departing at an airport or border
I'm searching the Internet and my old social media updates for the details but can't find info on the three prices. Can somebody find the missing information?