My wife is planing to come to South Korea for the winter vacation. She comes for a period of 1 month and has hold tourist visa. I would like to know if she need to have some formalities (for ex, filing some forms) in Immigration center(not in airport) after arrival.

  • What passport is she using? – Mark Mayo Dec 10 '14 at 0:15
  • She is using normal passport (sorry if my answer is vague). I mean not a diplomatic passport. – Joan Dec 10 '14 at 0:20
  • 1
    heh I meant which country's passport? Ie what's her citizenship? – Mark Mayo Dec 10 '14 at 0:21
  • Indian passport@MarkMayo – Joan Dec 10 '14 at 0:25

Since Official Site of Korea Tourism Org.: Alien Registration:

A Korean embassy or consulate can issue two types of visas: a short-term visa for visitors who want to stay up to 90 days and a special long-term visa for periods longer than 90 days. A visitor with a special long-term visa is required to apply for alien registration at a local immigration office within 90 days of arrival.

I think one can work backwards and deduce that for stays under 90 days (standard visa) such is not required.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.