I am a US citizen with a US passport, traveling to Mumbai through Zurich. Indian travel visas have already been obtained. The return flight has an extended layover for a few hours, and my wife and I would like to exit the airport and visit Zurich briefly. Do we need Swiss visas to do so? If so, what kind of visa would we need?

  • 3
    Yes - you can go outside, I've done it a month ago while traveling from Russia. You need tram # 10 to get to the center. – TT_ Dec 4 '14 at 18:37

A visa is not required for a US citizen to enter Switzerland (who plans to stay for less than 90 days).

| improve this answer | |
  • 8
    (... and who has been in any of the Schengen countries on less than 90 of the preceding 180 days). – hmakholm left over Monica Dec 4 '14 at 23:11
  • @HenningMakholm exactly. – easymoden00b Dec 5 '14 at 13:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.