I am a Kenyan citizen. I applied for a Schengen visa, via the Swedish embassy, for visiting friends and family. I got my results today and I was denied the visa.
I am a student, I will be done with my studies this month. The person who invited me (my boyfriend) was to cater for everything while I visited him.
I was denied a visa on the following grounds:
- Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided
I clearly wrote in my written statement that I was going to see my man, what we would do etc.
- Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained
I am not employed, but I am a student and I gave a letter from school. I have a small clothing business whereby I sell items online. I did not know how to give proof of this as I do not have any tax returns on it, or business registration because it is a very small business, just something to give me some extra income as I study.
I also provided the following documents:
I gave my bank statements, having opened a bank account just because of applying (I did not have an account before)
I gave a lease agreement letter for the apartment I stay in
I would like to re-apply asap because appealing is a waste of time
How can I improve my case above?
Kindly assist I know the rules for visa application is the same everywhere so there must be somebody here who has the knowledge and will be able to help me correct any mistakes that I might have made.
- My boyfriend is a Swedish citizen, born and raised. He did send an invitation with proof of income and everything, also stated that he was going to sponsor my stay and that I was going to stay with him.
It is very hard for somebody from a third world country to be approved a visa but not everybody who lives there wants to break the rules of another country so that they can become illegal immigrants.
Also, no, we will not have babies or get married just so that I can get a visa. Relationships don't work that way.
Also,we have decided to appeal but with extra documentation i.e:
- A new extended lease agreement
- I will enroll for an extra course at my university
- I'm having my parents write letters also stating they will offer any financial assistance I may need (in case of any emergency), my friends and neighbour as well (to prove social and family ties in Kenya as that was also an issue)
- M-pesa statements<<--(the reason I never had a bank account before is because in Kenya we have something called m-pesa which is a mobile 'phone money transfer and savings service, so I conducted all my transactions there.
- Receipts for the sales I made in my business.
Will that improve my chances?
I am not planning on overstaying my visa. I never was and never will be. A visa to visit my boyfriend is listed under visa for friends and family.
P.S the new lease will be for 1 year. The new course will require graduation after my trip i.e when I get back because I'm planning on being back by January as classes will be in session - also since I'll be applying for internship, so need to be back early.
And, I do have a return flight booked.