I am planning to travel to Jinja in Uganda from Malawi. I wish to transit through Kenya spending probably max two nights in the process, possibly only one night. We can't get a Carnet for the vehicle in Malawi, it has to be done through AA South Africa and I don't have the time to wait. Min 10 days. The vehicle will have a Temporary Export Permit from Malawi with Police clearance Report etc. It also is a duty free import here and Title Holder is actually Malawi Revenue Authority, so it can't be sold. I will be traveling on Comesa Yellow card third party insurance, which is acceptable through to Uganda.

Do I take the chance and drive through to the Kenyan Border and see if they will allow me through or is there anyone I can contact for assistance?

closed as off-topic by Mark Mayo, Dirty-flow, Gagravarr, JoErNanO, Relaxed Mar 12 '15 at 12:29

  • This question does not appear to be about traveling within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Legally you shouldn't get through Kenya without a Carnet however borders are sometimes "fluid". Since this is an old question how did it go? – user26434 Jan 29 '15 at 11:29
  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because while an amazing trip, he's technically asking if he should 'chance it' breaking the law. It's Africa and laws bend at borders with cash, but it was decided early on we wouldn't endorse this :( – Mark Mayo Mar 12 '15 at 3:57