What precautions should my husband and I take and/or customs should we follow while traveling in Morocco. We are not Muslim and are unsure of this country's level of tolerance for Americans and Christians.
As with any foreign country with a very different culture from your own:
- Wear modest clothing (eg. no bare shoulders for women)
- Don't wear obvious national or religious symbols (eg. a big American flag patch on the back of a jacket would not be a good idea)
- Avoid alcohol if possible, or consume it in moderation in private (eg. in your own hotel room)
- Avoid obvious display of jewelry or other symbols of wealth
- Sign up with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program for US citizens