I am planning to travel from UK to Hong Kong and buy there some electronics (either iPhone, iPad or Mac mini).
Then I'm travel by air to Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and back to UK.
Therefore I've main question:
- What is the limit for buying duty-free electronics in Hong Kong?
And few related to interpret situation in the right way:
- Does it make any difference if the device (mobile or laptop) is unboxed, so I can say it's mine? Or they can check it's Hong Kong's laptop (based on the serial or something?).
- If I buy over limit, I can simply pay extra tax? How much?
- I'm traveling with my girlfriend, does the total splits into 2 people?
- Does the limit sum up with other shoppings such as small gifts, clothes, etc.?
I'm travelling only with hand luggage, own laptop and mobile (I could go without) and I've dual-citizenship (UK and EU) if that makes any difference.