I've enrolled in a language school in the US for six months. I have an F-1 visa. I know that after six months I have a 60 day grace period.

If I decide to register at another school for example three months do I have one more 60-day grace period?

Also during my grace period I can't go to any other country like Canada, Mexico... can I?

  • What citizenship do you have? Does your visa say multiple entry?
    – Mark Mayo
    Commented Jan 23, 2015 at 2:48

1 Answer 1


If you decide stay for another course & get a visa extension, you'll be able to get the 60 days grace period again. But, during the grace period, it never allowed in any country to leave & return. The grace period visas are for a travelers facilitation in helping him decide if he/she is going to stay longer or not. So, these grace period can't be multiple entry visas.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .