I'm currently in Honduras and applied for a visa to go for training in Miami, FL. I was given a B-1 visa with only 1 entry and in my passport it has the company name and address of where my training will be. Is Miami, FL the only place I am able to go to with my visa?

I got a call from the company I work with and they have other branches in Los Angeles, CA and they told me I would need to go for training there. Am I able to use the same visa I have, or will I have to go to the embassy to get a new visa to be able to go to California?

I have until Dec. 4th to travel.

  • Are you asking "Can I fly into Miami and drive to California?" or "Can I fly into Los Angeles?" on my existing visa?
    – CGCampbell
    Sep 30 '14 at 1:55
  • @CGCampbell Can I fly into Miami and with another ticket can I fly to Los Angeles with my existing visa?
    – Mary
    Sep 30 '14 at 12:56

If it was annotated in the visa page then I am afraid you will be questioned upon arrival, the annotations in the visa are actually there for that purpose.

Anyway, you still can try a few things:

  • Get a letter from the training center stating that the training which was suppose to be held on Miami was moved to a new location, present this paper to the officer upon arrival and things should go fine;

  • You can try to land at Miami as annotated, then find a way to go to the new training place.

  • Talk to the embassy and figure it out officially.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.