I'm doing a trip around the USA and I want to go see Toronto and Montreal from Chicago and then leave to Boston. I would be in Canada for only 3 days. do you think I might have any problems on my way back?

I have a B1/B2 (tourist) visa.

  • 1
    What is your citizenship? Sep 9 '14 at 19:09
  • 1
    Is your visa single or multiple entry?
    – Karlson
    Sep 9 '14 at 19:10
  • @NateEldredge Polish
    – Tobias
    Sep 9 '14 at 23:13
  • @Karlson multiple (I think)
    – Tobias
    Sep 9 '14 at 23:14

Going to Canada from a short trip while visiting the USA is no problem. Your USA visa won't help you get entry into Canada. You may require a Canada visa. Polish citizens with biometric passports don't need a visa, but ones with non-biometric passports do. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?country=poland1 and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?country=poland2

Please note the USA will include the days you were in Canada on your I-94. So you will have to leave the USA within 90 days of entering, your Canada trip will be counted as part of that since it is a short trip to Canada. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1218/~/automatic-revalidation-for-certain-temporary-visitors

I don't see any problems re-entering the USA. Even if your US visa has expired. The US visa is only useful til point of entry after that the I-94 trumps it and decides how long you can stay in the USA.

  • @CGCampbell The I-94 is digital now.
    – Vagish
    Sep 10 '14 at 15:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.