My US friend wants to spend 90 days in Australia though the remainder of her ETA expires after 56 days?

1 Answer 1


It looks like it may be possible. She'll need a new visa, if she doesn't want to leave and come back though.

According to the Find a visa page, she could apply, in Australia, for either a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) or a Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462). They both indicate that she should be able to apply: from within Australia, online, for up to a year.

I would strongly suggest she read all of the notes on that page and figure out which would be best for her.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .