I am an Indian national and having a Permesso di Soggiorno in Italy. It is issued under Attesa occupazione status and expires on 23 March 2015.

My wife and my child (under 10 years) are connected to my Italian permesso di soggiorno and are with me in Milan.

Do I need to apply for Direct Airside Transit Visa for the UK?

  • What is your departure and destination country? Sep 3, 2014 at 17:12

1 Answer 1


If your permesso di soggiorno is a residence card in the common EEA format that looks like this, then you're exempt from needing a Direct Airside Transit visa for the UK.

(Source: www.gov.uk).

Your wife and child will probably need to hold residence cards of their own.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .