This question already has an answer here:

I have a concern about my approaching flight, I just got my permanent resident visa for Canada. I have a connecting flight from Manila to San Francisco USA, then to Toronto. I will just stay two hours at the San Francisco airport for my connecting flight.

Do I need papers or a visa from the US embassy so they will not hold me or stop me from flying to Canada?

marked as duplicate by Gagravarr, Mark Mayo, Aditya Somani, Vince, choster Aug 24 '14 at 19:32

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


This has been answered before, but the answer is Yes, the requirements for transit are the same as for entering the U.S. So you would need a visa unless you are the national of a Visa Waiver country.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.