I'm planning a trip to Ontario, Canada from Alabama in the US and intend to drive across the border and stay with a family. I absolutely need to leave on the 20th of this month. The passport agency closest to me is in Atlanta. I have a appointment scheduled on the 7th of this month.

I'm required to provide proof of travel, but I'm not flying OR staying in a hotel OR going on company business. Is it still possible to get a passport expedited, and will a letter from the family I'm staying with help?

Any insight to how I can effectively get a passport quickly under these circumstances is appreciated.

Edit: I just found out about Passport Cards. Is this quicker/easier to get than a full blown passport book since I won't be flying internationally?

  • Expedited service? My fiance got her pp in under 2 weeks. She had mentioned on her form that she would be travelling to France with it.
    – dearN
    Aug 5 '14 at 7:26
  • 1
    Do you mean Ontario, California or Ontario, Canada? Aug 5 '14 at 15:43

For some reason, proof of travel is not required if you apply at the Arkansas Passport Agency, according to Where to Apply.

If you've already got an appointment in Atlanta, then perhaps you should call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 and ask them what would be sufficient proof.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.