I went to visit a friend in the US for 2 weeks in May and was planning on flying over again in November for another 2 weeks. Is this allowed? I know you're only allowed to visit the US for 90 days before you have to leave. Does this mean I won't be allowed to return in November?

  • Welcome to travel.SE. What exactly is your question? You have stayed for 2 weeks and in November you want to stay for 3 months? If that's the case what exactly are you confused about?
    – Karlson
    Jul 30, 2014 at 1:59
  • Because i've already entered the US in May for 2 weeks, The VWP only allowed entry for 90 days? If i have left after being in the country for 2 weeks will i be allowed entry again in november for just another 2 weeks?
    – user18860
    Jul 30, 2014 at 2:04
  • @user18860 It allows 90 days per entry. ESTA for VWP is valid for 2 years.
    – Karlson
    Jul 30, 2014 at 2:14

1 Answer 1


If you did indeed leave after two weeks the first time, then there is no problem with visiting again in November. Since you mention "flying over", I'm assuming that you normally do not live in North America.

  • Okay, thank you. I'm new to all this stuff and it just has me confused. I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed back, I don't want to have any problems when i fly over and am sent back for overstaying or something.
    – user18860
    Jul 30, 2014 at 2:07
  • Well, you can't have overstayed if you weren't there! :) Jul 30, 2014 at 2:09
  • I live in the UK, I was visiting a friend for 2 weeks and was hoping to do it again in november for 2 weeks again is all.
    – user18860
    Jul 30, 2014 at 2:12
  • Well thank you, I had myself worried i wouldn't be able to go back. All this stuff to me is rather complicated.
    – user18860
    Jul 30, 2014 at 2:13
  • 1
    Fortunately, for UK citizens it's not nearly as complicated as it is for citizens of some other countries (India, China, Russia...). Jul 30, 2014 at 2:14

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .